There are many different types of braces for adults. Choosing the right type for you can be difficult, but once you’ve figured it out, you will surely be pleased with the results. Read on for more information on the various different types of braces that orthodontists offer for adult patients.
- Appearance: Ceramic braces are made of composite materials. Due to the way they are produced, they blend in with the natural color of your teeth. Many adults prefer this type of braces due to their natural appearance.
- Pros: Natural color, less gum irritation
- Cons: Susceptible to staining. If you are a smoker or frequent coffee drinker, ceramic braces are not for you.
- Pricing: Ceramic braces are generally more expensive compared to their counterpart, metal braces.
Metal braces have been the most popular type of braces for quite some time.
- Appearance: Metal braces are composed of a metal bracket on each individual tooth along with a wire connecting them all. Each brace also has a rubber band (of your choice color) holding the wire to the bracket.
- Pros: Metal braces are durable and can withstand for quite some time. In addition, they are some the best way to achieve a straight smile and properly aligned teeth.
- Cons: Visible metal when smiling is one of the downsides to metal braces. In addition, the time it takes to acclimate your gums can be painful.
- Pricing: Metal braces are expensive, but they are lower on the pricing scale compared to tooth-colored braces.
- Appearance: Invisalign is a more popular option for adults because of its seemingly invisible appearance.
- Pros: Barely visible, removable and more comfortable than other options.
- Cons: The patient needs to be refitted for a new set every month or so.
- Pricing: Invisalign is more expensive due to the frequent refitting and appeal.
Still have more questions and not exactly sure which type of braces will best suit you and your teeth? Use Seva Call to find a dentist/orthodontist to help you make the right decision.