Is your printer not responding to commands from your web browser? It can be incredibly frustrating when you can’t print from internet explorer. Typically, these issues occur because outdated servers have difficulty printing from Internet Explorer. If your printer works with other programs but you cannot print or print preview with Internet Explorer, try the steps below.
What to Do If You Can’t Print from Internet Explorer
In order to be able to print from Internet Explorer, you must disable Protected Mode in Internet Explorer.
1) Open “Tools” in Internet Explorer.
2) Click on “Internet Options”
3) Click on the “Security” tab
4) Uncheck “Enable Protected Mode”
5) Click OK and then exit Internet Explorer
6) Reopen Internet Explorer and print your selection
If this method does not work, try opening Internet Explorer as an administrator so that you have permission to print:
1) Open the “Start” menu and find Internet Explorer.
2) Right click on Internet Explorer and select “Run as Administrator.” You may or may not be prompted to fill in the administrator credentials.
3) Open Internet Explorer again and try to print preview the page and then print.
If you can’t print from Internet Explorer after disabling Protected Mode, or even when signed in as an “administrator,” you may want to seek professional help. Seva Call will connect you with up to three high quality computer technicians in your area, who will be available to help you when you need them.