Learning how to pick a skeleton key lock can be very useful. This is not a criminal skill if you do not use it for criminal activity. You might find yourself locked out of an important area (i.e. a home or office) and learning how to bypass a skeleton key lock can prove invaluable. It’s not always easy. After all, locks are made to protect your home or other buildings.
A skeleton key is often known as a lever lock. You only need a few simple tools to be able to complete the task in a timely manner.
How to Pick a Skeleton Key Lock
The only tools you will need are a short hook and a tension wrench. Follow the steps below to easily pick one of these locks.
1. Insert the tension wrench at the bottom of the lock and turn it as far as you can in whatever direction you would turn the key.
2. Insert the short hook all the way into the back of the lock.
3. Find the very first pin that is in the lock and push it up with the short hook. You can move on to the next pin once you feel the first pin click.
4. Repeat the process with the next pin. The tension wrench will keep the pins in place so you do not have to worry about them.
5. Keep repeating the process until the lock is completely cleared.
Locksmith services can be very expensive. If you can learn how to pick a skeleton key lock and master the process, you could end up saving yourself a bundle of money. You should practice this skill a few times at home. Make sure you have a key in case you fail at picking the lock.
The next time you end up locked out of your house or office, you will be prepared to pick the lock yourself. Carry the necessary tools in your vehicle so that you always have what you need.
Or, Call In Professionals
If you feel you cannot accomplish this task, you can always count on Seva Call to connect you with reliable locksmiths in your area. Our service allows you to first explain your locksmith needs and we go to work finding you the right help. It’s fast, free and easy.