Magnavox televisions are considered a thing of the past, but some people do still enjoy the antique feel of such a TV. The problem is, fewer and fewer parts are available for Magnavox TVs, making repairing a Magnavox increasingly difficult. A common problem with Magnavox TVs is that they have a tendency to turn off randomly. If you are someone with the issue of having your Magnavox TV keeps turning off, don’t worry – there are solutions.
What to Do If Your Magnavox TV Keeps Turning Off
1. Check the power cable and make sure it is completely plugged in and there are no breaks or openings in the wire. If everything appears normal, the next step is to consult your user manual to see if there is anything there that may help you troubleshoot the problem.
2. Your manual may instruct you to unplug your power cord for roughly 60 seconds before plugging it back in. This step allows your TV to reset itself, hopefully triggering something internally to remedy the problem. If this does not work, then your TV has a component failure.
3. Something else you can try is to replace your power cord. Oftentimes, this is the root of the problem and your television is turning off to protect the TV from harm.
Prevent Your TV from Breaking Down
1. There are steps you can take to prevent issues from arising with your television. Utilizing a wall mount can be helpful to help with airflow and prevent dust from accumulating around your TV.
2. Keep a fan around your TV to keep it cooled. Overheating can ruin parts within the TV, so taking steps to prevent overheating can be well worth it in the long run.
If you have tried the above steps and still find yourself having trouble with your television, it may be best to simply replace your old TV with a new one. Sure, getting it fixed may solve the problem temporarily. But it’s only a matter of time before something else goes wrong, as one bad part may cause a domino effect for other parts.
If you are having television issues and would prefer to consult a professional, consider using Seva Call to find a reputable TV repair service for you. Seva Call is a free service that will connect you with top-quality, TV repair companies in your neighborhood within minutes. Just enter in your specific problem, location and availability, and up to three companies will call YOU directly, saving you the time and stress of finding one yourself.