People who want to keep their houses clean often invest a lot of money in expensive cleaning products. Only a few of them are actually aware of the fact that the traditional cleaning methods used by our grandmothers are actually very effective and cost-efficient. Can you clean windows with vinegar? Let’s find out.
Vinegar, the Universal Cleaning Product
Most homeowners keep at least one bottle of vinegar in their kitchens. This indispensable product can give an excellent taste to any kind of salad, but it can also help you clean numerous things around the house, including your carpets, your glass surfaces, and your windows. Yes, vinegar is a highly appreciated, universal cleaning agent for a number of reasons.
- It is cheap and easy to use.
- It is natural and doesn’t pose any health risks.
- It cleans various types of surfaces without damaging them in any way.
How to Clean Windows with Vinegar in a Few Simple Steps
You can clean even the dirtiest windows with a small amount of vinegar and a few old newspapers (or a clean cloth) in a few easy steps:
1) Prep the area for cleaning: use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off stubborn dust particles.
2) Fill a spray bottle with a mix of vinegar and clean water.
3) Spray this mix on the window that you’re planning to clean.
4) Distribute the mix evenly on the entire surface by rubbing the window with old newspapers or with a lint-free cloth (different than the one used to remove dirt and dust accumulations).
5) To prevent streaking, make sure you dry the entire surface in a timely manner, by rubbing it with a clean microfiber cloth.
Find a Cleaning Expert near You
You can definitely clean windows vinegar. Don’t have the time or the patience required to apply this cleaning method? In this case, just find the most competent provider of premium maid services. Identify skilled local experts with Seva Call, a free service designed to simplify your daily life.