Apple has one of the most clean and safe operating system networks of all phone manufacturers. They vet their products as well as the applications available on their marketplace to a degree never seen before. But the increasing number of people who jailbreak their phone have exposed themselves to a wide variety of unreliable applications that can download viruses to their devices. If you believe your phone has been infected, read on to learn how to get rid of an iPhone virus.
A basic troubleshoot of your iPhone requires you to reset it to its original network settings. To do this:
1. Click the settings button > General > Reset.
2. From this menu, you should be able to reset the network settings.
3. After resetting your iphone, you need to restart it and restore all its settings. This should get rid of the virus and return your phone to normal function.
You can clean up your phone and all its applications one of two ways. You can take a step-by-step approach and start deleting and reinstalling each application on its own to see which one is affecting your iPhone. If you don’t want to go through this trouble, you can just do a clean sweep and delete all of your applications. When you go into the app store to redownload them, you should double check to make sure they are legitimate apps.
Change Root Password
If the first two methods fail, you can change the root password on your iPhone. Your iphone’s current password is “alpine” by default. To change it:
1. Install the mobile terminal from cydia.
2. Start it up and follow its directions.
3. Type in “su root” and hit return.
4. Type in alpine and then hit return again.
5. Enter “passwd root” and return.
6. You will be prompted to enter the words “NEW PASSWORD” be sure to keep it capitalized as it is case sensitive.
7. Now you can start deleting all the files that have been identified as infected.
If you continue to have problems with deleting viruses from your iPhone you should seek professional help. Use Seva Call to be put in contact with reliable IT businesses. You don’t have to do any work! Simply input your problem and availability and within minutes your should be connected to someone who can help you out.